Re: Lexical syntax for boxes

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 111 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 111 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 7:17 PM, John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alex Shinn scripsit:

> I think it's good to have read syntax for most objects, but would
> prefer to handle this more generally, e.g.  SRFI-10/108.

SRFI 10 by itself is okay, but its suggested `define-reader-ctor`
mechanism suffers from phasing problems, as it is a run-time control
of a compile-time phenomenon.

Well, WG2 has to deal with phasing anyway.  One possibility would
be to make define-reader-ctor a library declaration.

SRFI-108 is pretty huge and scares me somewhat.  Maybe it's good,
but really for just read/write of records there are much simpler solutions
that will be easier to gain traction.

--
Alex