Re: Lexical syntax for boxes

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 111 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 111 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM, John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alex Shinn scripsit:

> > I don't see the use case for the lexical syntax.  In fact, I'd
> > classify it as a Bad Idea.
>
> I agree.  Does this have any precedent in existing implementations?

As noted in the text itself, it's present in Racket, Gambit, SISC, Chez,
and Chicken, though in Racket it means an immutable box.

Huh, I had double checked and still missed that.

I think it's good to have read syntax for most objects,
but would prefer to handle this more generally, e.g.
SRFI-10/108.

--
Alex