Re: Lexical syntax for boxes

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 5:30 AM, Per Bothner <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't see the use case for the lexical syntax.  In fact,
I'd classify it as a Bad Idea.

I agree.  Does this have any precedent in existing implementations?

- A mutable #&datum is an anonymous initialized assignable global
static.

All literals are immutable - changing this breaks important
safety assumptions as well as optimization possibilities.

Apart from that the SRFI looks good, and the R7RS portable
definition (portable only in the absence of lexical syntax) is
trivial.

--
Alex