Re: Lexical syntax for boxes

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 111 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 111 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> > I don't see the use case for the lexical syntax.  In fact, I'd
> > classify it as a Bad Idea.
>
> I agree.  Does this have any precedent in existing implementations?

As noted in the text itself, it's present in Racket, Gambit, SISC, Chez,
and Chicken, though in Racket it means an immutable box.

> Apart from that the SRFI looks good, and the R7RS portable definition
> (portable only in the absence of lexical syntax) is trivial.

Good.  My new draft at <http://ccil.org/~cowan/temp/srfi-111.html> (now
in the SRFI publication queue) excludes the lexical syntax.

--
John Cowan   http://ccil.org/~cowan   cowan@xxxxxxxx
'My young friend, if you do not now, immediately and instantly, pull