Re: reading NaNs

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 77 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 77 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk <qrczak@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Wrong.  There may actually be users who care about this which would
>> like something other than IEEE.  It does happen, you know.
>
> There is no other model competing for being the default. This means
> that it's requesting other models which should be explicit.

To the contrary, I think requesting *any* model should be explicit.

Can you help me out here by explaining *why* it is so painful to be
explicit?