Re: reading NaNs

Alan Watson wrote:
But "atomic" I don't mean "not a pair". I not quite sure how to define it, but perhaps "something that can be finitely enumerated" gets close. Perhaps "atomic" is not the best name for this property.

Anyway, this property is shared by chars, fixnums, flonums, null, EOF objects. These (with the understandable exception of EOF) have standard read syntax. By extension, the bignums and derivaties, while not finite, also have a read syntax.

Anyway, NaNs clearly share this property, so I would suggest they have a read syntax.

Hmm. Perhaps the property I am looking for that of is objects which are eqv? according to their *value* not their *location*. This includes booleans, characters, numbers, nulls, and symbols. All of these have read syntax.

Regards,

Alan
--
Dr Alan Watson