Re: naming comments

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 75 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 75 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

At Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:29:36 +0900, Alex Shinn wrote:
> So it seems there's a slight existing majority in favor of #\del,
> but given the official name either that or #\delete would seem
> more appropriate.

Sounds right to me. I prefer #\delete, since that's the standard name,
but it's also the least-widely supported right now. I'll tentatively
make it #\delete and await further pressure from those who like #\del.
:)

> Also, as to the terms
>
>   whitespace
>   lower-case
>   upper-case
>
> both proper English and Unicode terminology suggest these be
>
>   white-space
>   lowercase
>   uppercase

Granted, but I think the R5RS conventions take precedence in these
cases.

Matthew