Re: naming comments

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 75 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 75 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Alex Shinn wrote:

>Also, as to the terms
>
>  whitespace
>  lower-case
>  upper-case
>
>both proper English and Unicode terminology suggest these be
>
>  white-space
>  lowercase
>  uppercase

Agreed.  IMO, that's one of the bits of the standard that should
have been changed long ago.  It will cause a flag day for users
though; I suggest adding the latter names and removing the earlier
ones (and if anyone objects, I can write an R5RS->R6RS porting
program that gets at least the name changes right...).

				Bear