Re: Unicode surrogates

bear wrote:
To put it another way, Windows allows characters that are not part
of Unicode to be used to name files.  If we restrict our character
set for filenames to Unicode-only, we will not be able to open
those files.  That problem is real.

That does not mean it's a problem we need to solve.

If you make it use to create filenames containing unpaired surrogates,
that just means you make it easy to files with garbage filenames.
I don't see that as a feature.  Any such filenames are presumably
unintentional and due to bugs.  We don't need a standard Scheme API
for dealing with those bugs, just like we don't need a standard Scheme
API for editing the registry.
--
	--Per Bothner