Unicode surrogates

The 2005/07/21 draft disallows surrogate code points, namely those between
#xD800 and #xDFFF inclusive.  In Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 and later, the
file system and registry use UTF-16LE for encoding names.  They allow bare
surrogate code points.  For example, I can create a file called
"\uD802.ss" in Windows.  How would I be able to open this file in Scheme
with the given proposal?

Bob
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Beckman Coulter, Inc.  It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof.  If you receive this message in error,  please notify the sender immediately and delete all  copies of this message.