Re: Pika-style from first principles

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

> So what do you do when there isn't a predefined conversion function
> between Scheme type and C type?

You write it in C.  I'm not sure what you are getting at here...  I
could give you the details, but the way this is done is Gambit
specific and I'm not advocating it for a portable FFI.  The purpose of
my previous message is to suggest that an FFI should allow the definition
of new types.  This way the conversion code can be isolated in a
couple of conversion functions and the API to foreign functions is
high-level (i.e. you're not always passing Scheme objects and having
to convert them "by hand" to whatever a particular function expects).

Marc