Re: Pika-style from first principles

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

>> I think I'm missing a crucial bit here: Where do
>> NONNULL_UCS2STAR_FROM_SCHEME, NONNULL_UCS2STAR_TO_SCHEME and
>> associates come from?  What's "a way to define type aliases on the C
>> side of the FFI"?

Marc> These are conversion functions (in C) defined by the FFI (they take a
Marc> bunch of parameters that are irrelevant to this discussion).  The C
Marc> code generated by the Gambit compiler contains calls to these
Marc> conversion functions at the appropriate places.

So what do you do when there isn't a predefined conversion function
between Scheme type and C type?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike