Re: Couple things...

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

    > From: Jim Blandy <jimb@xxxxxxxxxx>

    bear> 1. Lack of agreement with C conventions over what a character is.
    bear>    My characters are multi-codepoint sequences and C treats
    bear>    single codepoints as characters.  This makes indexes and counts
    bear>    in strings wonky.

    > It looks like all of these are problems stemming from the restrictions
    > on when GC can happen --- is that right?  (Your original post didn't
    > specify that that was specifically the issue; it just said the SRFI
    > would be difficult to implement.)

Oops.

-t