Re: Restrictions

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Am Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:24:32 +0100 hat Michael Sperber <sperber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> geschrieben:

"Felix" == Felix Winkelmann <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Felix> Huh? Then perform a callback. Where's the problem?

So I do callbacks essentially all the time, except for stuff which
doesn't allocate where no problems occurred in the first place.
Doesn't this drag in all the problems you're trying to avoid?

No, because the arguments have already been transformed into a
sensible (for C) representation, so the need for manual extraction
doesn't arise. There are situations where I want to do this, but
there are very few of those, and then I can still do the callback.
You normally don't cons that much in wrapped code: C doesn't know
about Scheme data. It cares about C data.

cheers,
felix