Re: Restrictions

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Felix> Michael Sperber wrote:

felix> Note that the Chicken FFI (for example) does not allow GC during the
felix> invocation of foreign code,

>> Sure, and that *greatly* simplifies a lot of issues.  It's also an
>> unacceptable restriction for many Scheme systems.

Felix> Well, I wonder what that should be. Could you provide an example?

Any environment where

- C code allocates
- allocation may trigger a GC to provide the requested space

These include, at the very least:

- Scheme 48
- scsh
- MzScheme
- Gambit-C
- Elk

PS: Please note this is SRFI 50; you posted to the SRFI 40 mailing
    list

--
Cheers =8-} Mike