Re: Restrictions

>>>>> "Felix" == Felix Winkelmann <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Felix> Michael Sperber wrote:

felix> Note that the Chicken FFI (for example) does not allow GC during the
felix> invocation of foreign code,

>> Sure, and that *greatly* simplifies a lot of issues.  It's also an
>> unacceptable restriction for many Scheme systems.

Felix> Well, I wonder what that should be. Could you provide an example?

Any environment where

- C code allocates
- allocation may trigger a GC to provide the requested space

These include, at the very least:

- Scheme 48
- scsh
- MzScheme
- Gambit-C
- Elk

PS: Please note this is SRFI 50; you posted to the SRFI 40 mailing
    list

--
Cheers =8-} Mike