Re: API conflicts

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Nevertheless, I'm not sure its a good fit with whats happening.
> Besides, both models are possible with an absence thunk:
>
> (define (absence-exception) (raise foo))
>
> (operator value absence-exception)
>
> ... while the absence thunk itself is conceptually and mechanically
> simpler.

I wouldn't go that far, but I'll agree that the exception-raising method
is not clearly superior. Therefore, this is a matter of personal
preference, barely even a minor issue.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd