Re: API conflicts

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 06:01:50AM -0800, Bradd W. Szonye wrote:

> This may well be a major issue with the exceptions approach, especially
> given the tendency to put collection code in inner loops. I have a
> similar concern regarding the use of coroutines to implement cursors and
> multi-collection enumerations. They use continuation objects to manage
> control just as exception-handling code does.

Actually theres a third argument, too.  Is it really an error, or a
branch?  I would argue is the latter.  Its not so much that the absence
thunk is there 'in case something goes wrong'.  Its more like those
operators are acting as conditionals, returning one value when the
collection can provide it, and evaluating the thunk if it cannot.
This is the semantic argument.

	Scott