Re: Reasons for withdrawal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

    > From: Shiro Kawai <shiro@xxxxxxxx>

    > Srfi-34 is referred in this discussion as a sort of "abstract"
    > srfi that left some concrete parts to srfi-35 and srfi-36.

By some.  That's a flatly wrong view of 34.

35 and 36 are _complementary_ to 34, but that doesn't make 34
"abstract".  35 is completely orthogonal.  36 is layered on 34 and 35.

My reason for bring up 34 in the first place was because of its
relationship to (the withdrawn) 12.   12 sets a good example.

-t