Re: Reasons for withdrawal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Tom Lord wrote:
> By withdrawing, you aren't closing discussion.   You're doing your
> interlocutors the favor of turning off the clock.   It'd be quite
> civilized, really.
>
> I can't speak for others, but I'd be game for a temporary "collections
> in scheme" mailing list.

Sounds like a good idea. I suspect that it would be more "civilized"
without the pressure to get things finalized ASAP, and it would be a
better forum for hashing out consensus solutions to the issues raised so
far.

> As for "last minute" foo: perhaps part of the point of the 6 month
> window is not simply to start a deep design discussion at day 1, but
> to permit objections a generous opportunity to surface.

Indeed, the FAQ says as much in the "What's with all the time periods?"
section.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd