Re: Reasons for withdrawal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

    > From: scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    > If the spirit of the SRFI process is to provide an adequate period of
    > discussion, I'd be disappointed if they forcibly withdrew the SRFI
    > despite it having only ~3 months of actual discussion.

Sometimes "the needs of the many outweight the needs of the few, or
the one" (Spock).

By withdrawing, you aren't closing discussion.   You're doing your
interlocutors the favor of turning off the clock.   It'd be quite
civilized, really.

I can't speak for others, but I'd be game for a temporary "collections
in scheme" mailing list.

As for "last minute" foo: perhaps part of the point of the 6 month
window is not simply to start a deep design discussion at day 1, but
to permit objections a generous opportunity to surface.

-t