Re: Reasons for withdrawal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

    > From: Tom Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>

    > I can't speak for others, but I'd be game for a temporary "collections
    > in scheme" mailing list.

Seriously.  Let me reiterate and reinforce.

I hear rumours in irc that you've got some help implementing this
beast.

Most excellent!

Don't use SRFI for this.  Start a savannah project.   Advertise it on
c.l.s.   Let's get a kick-ass, comprehensive collections library up
and running on several implementations.

Given that, the srfi will be close to a mere formality.

Prior to finalization of the srfi, if the library is any good, people
will start using it.

(We could also use srfis for "POSIX filesystem interface" and "POSIX
subprocess interface".   We don't have them yet.   In the meanwhile --
at least some implementors are working on SCSH compatability.   You
don't need a srfi to start work on a standard.

(of course, we have to convince Olin that, before writing any POSIX
srfis, he has get that system calls can return errno values and other
error values rather than throwing exceptions :-))

-t