[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
scope of #!sweet and friends inside parens
This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.
- To: srfi-110 <srfi-110@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: scope of #!sweet and friends inside parens
- From: Beni Cherniavsky-Paskin <cben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 03:00:00 -0700
- Delivered-to: srfi-110@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:sender:from:date:x-google-sender-auth :message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=u3DIbaYIDQYBSXc0QHs4aaR0NVIkYRji5zxF2WGb2Ug=; b=i8ubHPqXmUhLeLZKTbLQmbUeJUon/KWVeYVIAZRzcMrrDLy4hYSbENyF3RlmTYsJOY xbiJKNqenSPC4D00mI2qnGjOdrqkG4kLu7Qe/dNIVXCTbrhbDs5xHE4fNrmsFbCqES0O y9vNFRnJGUgufBOI0Qrb/kn8yL167DnsHzPn2ov3xG3IsPVS85Fkw4uH+Uxy8eSWMUnf eW9RQTyZbshtV1f4s5w9g+lmq34rX5sIYZj3enJX/mynSnZzwfraOXxjOAVmI+VjYBlE 38dT9OfXNMOppRnD6VWFC8f1Z7Vx/wkP/4xG33XB/hsecg/jYRiorJeGv/FkWz3+I8LX C7Fw==
- Sender: beni.cherniavsky@xxxxxxxxx
The spec is not particularly clear on what crazy things like this mean:
(( ... #!sweet ...) ... #!no-sweet ... ( ...Â#!curly-infix ...)) ...
! a b
! c d
As written, it sounds that the directives must have a flat, global effect on the port, crossing all ( ) boundaries.
But correctly implementing this sounds painful to me. ÂE.g. you can't call a lower-level (read) / (neoteric-read) unless they understand these directives. ÂAnd every procedure must be ready for sweet processing to be turned off underneath it.
I propose for simplicity to say that these directives SHOULD (MUST?) be used only at top level.
Probably also require them to be alone on a line, at column 0 (trailing hspace and comments are ok)?
And say that implementations MAY signal an error if used otherwise.