Re: a problem with terminology

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 103 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 103 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

In my opinion, the use of "search path" is unproblematic, provided it
isn't nestled together with sense-1 paths.  I would just call those
"filenames" and say straight out that this srfi establishes a syntax for
filenames.  (In Unix--and let's be clear, this is really a Unix
srfi--directories *are* files, or they were, before Unix mutated into
the current God-knows-what thing.)

Thomas