Re: a problem with terminology

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 103 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 103 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 22:08 -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> In my opinion, the use of "search path" is unproblematic, provided it
> isn't nestled together with sense-1 paths.  I would just call those
> "filenames"

I think the more precise terms I mentioned should be used.

> and say straight out that this srfi establishes a syntax for
> filenames.

Okay, I'll incorporate such a statement.

> (In Unix--and let's be clear, this is really a Unix
> srfi--

It's a Unixoid and Windows SRFI, yes.

> directories *are* files

Regardless, they are semantically different and should be termed as
such, IMO.

Thanks for the feedback,

--
: Derick