Re: inlined "here" strings

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 75 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 75 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Like Ray Blaak, I would find most useful what C# calls "verbatim string literals" for strings that include the backslash character.  I think the "here" strings proposed clutter the lexical structure.

The C# spec is @" followed by a sequence of characters not including " and then terminated by ".  This allows for multi-line strings and is useful when specifying registry and file paths in Microsoft Windows as well as regular expressions.

Bob