Re: inlined "here" strings

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 75 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 75 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

>We're interested to hear, of course, how many people would like inline
>here strings, and how many would prefer to keep here strings out of the
>language.

Well, my main use of inline strings are for things like registry key and
directory settings on Windows, or regular expressioin strings where I
want to use the \ char normally. So I often need single-line verbatim
strings.

My advice here is to pick a format that is general enough to handle both
inline and multi-line situations. It's not hard. That way the need to
decide inline vs multiline doesn't even come up.

Or don't include this feature at all. There are more important features
to spend time on, like modules.

Cheers,
Ray Blaak