Re: Specification

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Andre van Tonder wrote:

As corrobrating evidence, I can mention the syntax-case implementation in SRFI-72. That implementation satisfies declarative descriptions of hygiene. However, the implementation technique is based on an "implicitized" version of explicit renaming, not marking/substitution. There are some highly obscure corner cases where it behaves differently from the marking algorithm, while still satisfying hygiene. I have to recheck, but I think these ambiguities should be resolved by specifying the algorithm as is
done here (though perhaps a little more detail might be required).

Scratch that. I checked the purported corner case. It is not relevant to the context of the current SRFI. So, as far as I can tell, the SRFI-72 algorithm will give the same results as the mark/substitution algorithm.

Regards
Andre