Re: straw-man [was Re: arithmetic issues]

bear wrote:
So I think that what we have here is motivated by one
problem -- implementations that don't provide the full
numeric tower -- proposes a minimum ground on which to
solve it, and provides the solution given that minimum
ground.  There is no reason once the solution is in
place to leave that ground exposed.

I agree.

I applaud the authors of SRFI-77 for providing the tools to solve an important problem (implementing the full tower). However, once they've solved the problem, I'd like them to put their tools away tidily.

Regards,

Alan
--
Dr Alan Watson