Re: reading NaNs

Thomas Bushnell BSG scripsit:

> How about the user expects that, if he has requested an
> IEEE-conformant environment, he will get it?

Could you explain the concrete benefits of having a flonum system
available which is non-IIEEE?  (Fast execution on processors which
provide hardware flonums that are non-IEEE, now extremely rare, excepted.)

--
With techies, I've generally found              John Cowan
If your arguments lose the first round          http://www.reutershealth.com