Re: Pains from duplicate field names [Miscellaneous loose ends]

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Michael Sperber wrote:

- Instead, the current design makes positional indexing an irreducible
  part of what it means to be a record [...]

That bothers me, too (personally, that is), and it suggests (to me,
personally) that there should actually be a layer underneath the
records which deals with subtyping and positional indexing only, and
leaves everything dealing with named fields for the procedural layer.

I would like that better, also. It seems to me that it would be cleaner and simpler.

Cheers
Andre