Re: Miscellaneous loose ends

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 76 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 76 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

 Additional questions:

 - What is the scope of the bindings of the accessors?  Can I write

   (define-type point (previous)
     (fields (x (point-x)) (point-x previous))
             (y (point-y)) (point-y previous))))

 - Same question for the constructor and predicate.

 - What is the scope of the binding of the type itself?  Can I write

   (define-type foo ()
     (fields (x mutable) (......(type-descriptor foo).......)))

- Can I use (parent <parent name> ...) in the syntactic layer to extend
  a record type that has been defined procedurally?
  Again, if so, would seem to imply that <record name>s are implicitly
  quoted symbols, which brings up the question of how they are bound
  in e.g. local define-type's.

- Related to previous:  Do <record name>s belong to a separate namespace
  from ordinary identifiers?

- Does TYPE-DESCRIPTOR need to be syntax, or can it be a procedure?

 Cheers
 Andre