Re: the discussion so far

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 75 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 75 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

"John.Cowan" <jcowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thomas Bushnell BSG scripsit:
>
>> Regardless, I must say that I think this *must* take a back seat to my
>> primary goal:
>>
>> Keep standardization from screwing up the efforts of people who do
>> want to implement Unicode correctly.
>
> I'll repeat myself once:
>
> The claim that correct implementation of Unicode requires string<?
> and friends to implement the UCA is false.  The Unicode Standard
> does not incorporate the UCA.  Even when the UCA is implemented, it
> need not be the only or the most primitive kind of collation
> available.

I'm referring to all the associate Unicode-related standards as well.
Please don't standardize non-compliance with other standards.  If a
Scheme system wants to comply with the UCA, then it should be able to
do so without violating the Scheme standard.