Re: the discussion so far

Jorgen Schaefer <forcer@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> PS. It might be worth the effort to try going through this SRFI
> and see whether we can change the specific formulations in a way
> that allows an implementation to use ASCII if it wants to, but
> also allows for a correct implementation of Unicode if so desired.

I believe it was Matthew's intention to allow implementations that
have char representations that cover only a subset of the scalar value
range---the SRFI document doesn't quite spell that out.  (And Matthew
will correct me if I'm wrong, I hope.)

This specifically allows US-ASCII, ISO 8859-1, and UCS-2-based
representations, at least with what's in the current document.  These
subsets are all closed with respect to the case folding in
UnicodeData.txt.  I don't know offhand if that's also the case with
full Unicode case folding.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike