Re: the discussion so far

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 75 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 75 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Jorgen Schaefer <forcer@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> PS. It might be worth the effort to try going through this SRFI
> and see whether we can change the specific formulations in a way
> that allows an implementation to use ASCII if it wants to, but
> also allows for a correct implementation of Unicode if so desired.

I believe it was Matthew's intention to allow implementations that
have char representations that cover only a subset of the scalar value
range---the SRFI document doesn't quite spell that out.  (And Matthew
will correct me if I'm wrong, I hope.)

This specifically allows US-ASCII, ISO 8859-1, and UCS-2-based
representations, at least with what's in the current document.  These
subsets are all closed with respect to the case folding in
UnicodeData.txt.  I don't know offhand if that's also the case with
full Unicode case folding.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike