Re: the discussion so far

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> If string<? is used only for cases where the exact order is
> irrelevant, then there is no advantage in standardizing the order at
> all.
>
> So why not say that string<? implements a total order on strings, and
> be done with it, not specifying the order at all?

I can well live with that :-)

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

PS. It might be worth the effort to try going through this SRFI
and see whether we can change the specific formulations in a way
that allows an implementation to use ASCII if it wants to, but
also allows for a correct implementation of Unicode if so desired.
Correct Unicode behavior could be "optional" the same way as
fraction or complex numbers are optional for the numeric tower
right now.

--
((email . "forcer@xxxxxxxxx") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))