Re: Here strings?

 | Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:55:24 -0400
 | From: "John.Cowan" <jcowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 |
 | Aubrey Jaffer scripsit:
 |
 | > SRFI-75 is the first time I have encountered "Here strings".
 | > How do they differ from literal string constants?
 |
 | The opening quote is "<<", followed by a sequence of non-newlines (called
 | the *key*), followed by a newline.  The closing quote is a newline,
 | followed by the same key, followed by a newline.  No character between
 | these quotes has special meaning.

Can a Here-string be used anywhere a literal string constant can be
used?

Can a literal string constant be used anywhere a Here-string can be
used?

With the escaping conventions being discussed, will Here-strings and
literal string constants be able to code the same set of possible
strings?

When a string is the argument to the WRITE procedure, is a
double-quoted or Here-string written?