Re: Here strings?

Aubrey Jaffer scripsit:

> SRFI-75 is the first time I have encountered "Here strings".
> How do they differ from literal string constants?

The opening quote is "<<", followed by a sequence of non-newlines (called
the *key*), followed by a newline.  The closing quote is a newline,
followed by the same key, followed by a newline.  No character between
these quotes has special meaning.

EIDITORIAL NOTE:  The text as written permits a zero-length key.
I suggest that this be explicitly disallowed.

--
Is not a patron, my Lord [Chesterfield],        John Cowan
one who looks with unconcern on a man           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan