Re: Wrapping up SRFI-70

Bradley Lucier wrote:

On Aug 9, 2005, at 10:08 PM, Aubrey Jaffer wrote:

Its time to wrap up SRFI-70.

I suggest withdrawal. I doubt anyone except you will implement it. I think it's confused and misguided,

I think there are some good things here, but there may be too much
stuff in one SRFI.

I think extending quotient, remainder, and modulo to real numbers
is a reasonable proposal: There is prior art in both Common Lisp
and some Scheme implementations (including Kawa).  However, I think
it's a separate issue from one dealing with infinities.

The round->exact, ceiling->exact, floor->exact, and truncate->exact
may be reasonable assitions (I tend to think so) but again I think
that should be a seperate SRFI.

An SRFI dealing with inexact infinities should I think focus more
on IEEE infinities.  It is desirable that a Scheme implementation
can map (possibly compile) Scheme arithmetic on inexact reals into
IEEE floating-point arithmetic.  I think more dicussion of this
issue is needed.
--
	--Per Bothner