Oh.

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

After a little introspection, I've realized that Minor already has a
SRFI-50-like interface implemented --- complete with critical section
markers, direct references to heap objects, etc.  But it's strictly
internal; it's what I built the JNI-like interface on top of.

I deliberately chose not to expose that interface, because I felt it
would be too error-prone, my users (should there ever be any) would
spend too much of their time struggling with it, and I would spend too
much time trying to explain it.

But when I write up the specification for how to write machine code
that interacts properly with the Minor allocator, GC, and thread
support, a good portion of that stuff will end up in the public
anyway, to provide header files for people generating machine code
directly.

Hmm.