Re: no constants please

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Tom> While they live on the stack, the only references to these objects are
Tom> rooted in $continuation and $environment and follow their respective
Tom> chains.  The general collector can regard references from the stack to
Tom> the heap as GC roots -- but there's no reason it can't trace those
Tom> incrementally.

How do you deal with the fact that $continuation changes very
frequently?  Here's (in my ind) the obvious way to approach this: The
GC is tracing some old value of $continuation.  When it's finished,
there's a new one there, with new frames hanging off it.  So the
tracer needs to go back to the new value.  Is there a guarantee this
process will finish if the steps have bounded size?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike