Re: Strings/chars

Tom> Wow.   Just generally, the char-type/string-type issues stand
Tom> a good chance of hosing this srfi, at least for implementors that care
Tom> about unicode.   That blows.

We suspected as much.  That doesn't mean we can't resolve a lot of the
other issues, and it also doesn't mean the resulting SRFI won't be
useful.  I fully expect us to have to write up a successor to this
SRFI once the character issues are resolved (better).

Moreover, this discussion is already generating a lot of tremendously
useful insight.

None of that blows.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike