Re: Strings/chars

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Tom> Wow.   Just generally, the char-type/string-type issues stand
Tom> a good chance of hosing this srfi, at least for implementors that care
Tom> about unicode.   That blows.

We suspected as much.  That doesn't mean we can't resolve a lot of the
other issues, and it also doesn't mean the resulting SRFI won't be
useful.  I fully expect us to have to write up a successor to this
SRFI once the character issues are resolved (better).

Moreover, this discussion is already generating a lot of tremendously
useful insight.

None of that blows.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike