Re: [oleg@xxxxxxxxx: Interface view of dictionaries]

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Tom Lord wrote:
> What are the possibilities?
>
> + Scott's a troll, out to abuse the SRFI process.
>
>   Luckilly, the process is pretty robust wrt that.  My intuition is
>   that Scott is _not_ a troll ...

Agreed. However, I do get the impression that he has too much of an
emotional investment or that he doesn't get the point of the withdrawal
process.

> + The skeptics are just way wrong.
>
>   Maybe.  The "meta-SRFI" idea isn't completely full of it.  But at
>   the very least, the _very_ least, the SRFI process isn't intended
>   for "meta-SRFIs".  So, withdrawal makes sense even so.

Agreed. This is a design document, not an implementation, and the SRFI
FAQ makes it pretty clear that this is not the place for design
documents.

Actually, as written, SRFI-44 isn't even a design document for Scheme
code. It's a design doc for future *SRFIs*, which takes it one more step
removed from an actual implementation.

> + The skeptics are right-enough -- the proposal is withdrawn
>
>   We can all look forward to a much improved resubmission sometime
>   in the future.

Yes, that would be good.
--
Bradd W. Szonye