Re: [oleg@xxxxxxxxx: Interface view of dictionaries]

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Tom Lord wrote:
> BRAD IS RIGHT.   But I'll give better advice them him :-)....
> a) withdraw this SRFI to reset the clock
> b) drop back and do more groundwork first

Hey, that *was* my advice! Must've gotten lost in the noise, so thanks
for re-stating it concisely.

> Don't forget that the SRFI process is robust in the face of completely
> bogus SRFIs -- but author reputations are not.

Indeed. I personally don't hold grudges, and I realize that
defensiveness is a natural reaction to negative review comments, so I'm
not going to hold any of this against Scott -- at least not in a "you
suck!" way. However, it does inspire some distrust, which means that I
review the remaining material more cautiously and less willingness to
compromise.

> "reset the clock"

Agreed.
--