Re: VECTOR-MAP/INDEX

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 43 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 43 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On 16 Dec 2003, Taylor Campbell <campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (One minor bit that I haven't really gotten anyone else's opinion on,
> but I've been planning on anyways: is anyone opposed to switching the
> comparator in VECTOR-BINARY-SEARCH to returning negative/zero/positive
> integers, rather than the symbols LT/EQ/GT?)

No. Many advocate this behavior (integers). For example, this was proposed for
sorting with three-way comparison functions (Sort Libraries - SRFI-32).
(Unfortunately, SRFI-32 has been withdrawn, and the rumours that it
will become active again to complete the missing 5% seem to be wrong :-( )

Greetings
Sven