Re: VECTOR-MAP/INDEX

On 16 Dec 2003, Taylor Campbell <campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (One minor bit that I haven't really gotten anyone else's opinion on,
> but I've been planning on anyways: is anyone opposed to switching the
> comparator in VECTOR-BINARY-SEARCH to returning negative/zero/positive
> integers, rather than the symbols LT/EQ/GT?)

No. Many advocate this behavior (integers). For example, this was proposed for
sorting with three-way comparison functions (Sort Libraries - SRFI-32).
(Unfortunately, SRFI-32 has been withdrawn, and the rumours that it
will become active again to complete the missing 5% seem to be wrong :-( )

Greetings
Sven