Re: VECTOR-MAP/INDEX

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 43 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 43 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Taylor> Yes, I noticed this...and I mentioned it on the list a few emails ago.
Taylor> I suggested that it come first, too, and asked whether or not this
Taylor> change was OK with them;

Sorry, I must have missed that.  (I did do the cursory exam of the
archives and googled for the relevant keywords, but came up empty.)

Taylor> since you're the only person to have said _anything_ on this
Taylor> list since my last email one and a half months ago, I think
Taylor> the change _is_ OK.

Great!

Taylor> Too bad you hadn't done this extensive vector hacking back when the
Taylor> concept of a draft period still occurred to some of us...well, do you
Taylor> have opinions on the past few issues that I've brought up, namely the
Taylor> things regarding VECTOR-COPY!,

I agree with your conclusions.  (Or is there anything unresolved I
missed?  If so, let me know.)

Taylor> the insertion & deletion routines,

Zap 'em, I say.  Marginal value, conceptual & space overhead in the
SRFI document.

Taylor> and the issue regarding start+end versus N vector arguments?

Hm, I actually think the way things are isn't half bad.  This really
is the kind of thing where only experience helps, so I wouldn't worry
about it too much now.  I do suspect, though, that the procedures
under "Searchers" would be better off with start+end args rather than
N vectors, though.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike