correspondences with SRFI-1

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 40 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 40 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I am not a stream expert, so I will concentrate on interface design
questions. This _lazy list SRFI_ should IMHO be closer to the popular
_list SRFI_ (SRFI-1).

Here are my comments in textual order:

Drop:
stream-take-until, stream-drop-until
(No equivalent in SRFI-1 and stream-take-while/stream-drop-while
might suffice.)

Rename:
stream-split       -> stream-split-at
stream-split-until -> stream-break
stream-split-while -> stream-span

The one line definition of stream-partition seems to be incomplete.

Rename:
stream-fold-left -> stream-fold
(Is the order of arguments for func reversed compared to SRFI-1?)
stream-scan... -> ...? (fold-pair...?, is this the corresponding function?)
stream-fold-..-one -> stream-reduce (with slightly different semantics!)

Restricted usefulness:
port->word-stream (because it relies on char-alphabetic?, similarly for
port->line-stream
How about a predicate for characters as an argument?

Rename:
stream-concat -> stream-concatenate
... and probably some more ...
You get the idea what I am after :-)

And:
People should report functions (inspired by SRFI-1) that
- make sense for streams AND
- are currently not in SRFI-40.

Greetings
Sven