abbreviate "stream"?

The function names in this srfi, while descriptive,
tend to be pretty long.  I would like to discuss
possible abbreviations for "stream".

Personally, I like "$" as an abbreviation.  It
suggests "stream" because it looks like an 'S'.
Furthermore, it suggests laziness, as '$' is lazy
application in haskell, and Okasaki uses '$' as
notation for suspensions in his _Purely Functional
Data Structures_.  Unfortunately, '$' cannot begin an
identifier in R5RS.  Here are some legal variations:

Instead of "stream-map",

   _$-map
   S$-map
   map-$