Re: abbreviate "stream"?

Stephen McCracken wrote:
The function names in this srfi, while descriptive,
tend to be pretty long.  I would like to discuss
possible abbreviations for "stream".
Personally, I like "$" as an abbreviation.  It
suggests "stream" because it looks like an 'S'. Furthermore, it suggests laziness, as '$' is lazy
application in haskell, and Okasaki uses '$' as
notation for suspensions in his _Purely Functional
Data Structures_.  Unfortunately, '$' cannot begin an
identifier in R5RS.  Here are some legal variations:

Instead of "stream-map",

   _$-map
   S$-map
   map-$
   L$-map   (suggests "lazy list")
   C$-map   (suggests "lazy cons")
   S-map
Phil-map

An old Lisp tradition is to reserve special characters for user code.
That's a good tradition. I'd rather type 6 more characters than
have code that looks like Perl.

cheers,
felix