Re: regexp and valid-sre?

Michael Montague scripsit:

> I propose dropping the requirement that 'regexp' can be called with
> an already compiled <re>. It provides no additional functionality
> and it makes the specification of 'regexp' less clear.

It provides the ability to compile repeatedly used parts of regular
expressions.  In a context where a large number of regular expressions
are in use that have factors in common, this can save a good deal of
time and possibly space.

--
Long-short-short, long-short-short / Dactyls in dimeter,     John Cowan
Verse form with choriambs / (Masculine rhyme):           cowan@xxxxxxxx