Re: SRFI-115 issues

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 115 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 115 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> You didn't give any justification for this conclusion.
> What's wrong with providing features?

For one thing, there is no way to do it.  If I write a portable
implementation that supports backreferences, how do I cause the existence,
or even the importation, of that package to assert the regexp-backrefs
feature?  After all, I might have several different implementations
lying about.

--
Principles.  You can't say A is         John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxx>
made of B or vice versa.  All mass      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan