[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: remaining issue: Windows-disallowed file names
This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 103 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 103 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.
- To: srfi-103@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: remaining issue: Windows-disallowed file names
- From: Derick Eddington <derick.eddington@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 18:26:25 -0800
- Delivered-to: srfi-103@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:subject:from:to:in-reply-to :references:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version:x-mailer :content-transfer-encoding; bh=fdMnzdbsjhh48pqebAq2sXR+zeGfcuoOgKVHPx8bIz4=; b=kUGRt97ISEfyMEM7o9O2iP7i07t1yOC1gKbzrPDBJpv5fq/9KEAmeA/it6WbXpdgqs AZLVhBj6b4srWHj7rhEi9KmHvQD7tO99wCc7VDhEyGPyHBmUkDhreaH+I+sv+3W9KHii 3KWhJlQM1JxoyJ+ocIkJW5gHblUbD4IgKoy+A=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=subject:from:to:in-reply-to:references:content-type:date:message-id :mime-version:x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; b=wWBAvFe4QLqIljlEgA5lVH7Dy6f/6WFf7ZqJRVgWHk0KpNuTHI96LaKfjzEBc8a30O UdmgQqW0b38Guq0G48ZtHTxc2aEN5uPH4zanvFrkmWv8/omEbHhxiquQPlGP4ViTH4/c H/rfwicWVyKPhhcSNhVFqSVcSkc9owFCtopSc=
- In-reply-to: <1268013838.23559.217.camel@eep>
- References: <1267837572.12814.109.camel@eep> <201003070545.o275jjtC014624@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1268013838.23559.217.camel@eep>
On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 18:04 -0800, Derick Eddington wrote:
> I think it's clearly better to not restrict library names *and* to have
> portability with Windows (because I think it'll help Scheme adoption),
> via an encoding design which will die when Windows does and which won't
> be used much.
To clarify, what I mean is it won't be seen or dealt with much by
clients of libraries.